The M&A Market 2021 in Austria
The Austrian Bankers Archive Monthly Newsletter has published our Annual Report on the M&A-Market 2021 in Austria recently.
The most interesting details concerning the Austrian M&A-Market 2021:
- A increase in number of transactions by 14,7 %;
- A increase in transaction volume by 22,4 %;
- With 65,4 %, the share of cross-border transactions is close to the long-term historic average;;
- Four of the Top 5-industries are amongst the evident winners of the pandemia, i.e. the increasing interventionism: more than one sixth of all transactions took place in the sectors Software & Data Services and ISP/Internet-Services;
- In these four industries, the number of foreign buyers is considerably above average, while Austrian buyers abroad dominate the classical industries;
Three records may be noted in 2021:
- The average size per transaction – in nominal terms – has increased by 22,1 % to € 19,3 mil.;
- Never before, the Austrian M&A market has witnessed so many high-volume financial transactions; with the remarkable result that their € 4,52 bn. represent a share of 21,6% in Austrian M&A-market value – by 36,7 % higher than their share in total numbers of transactions. An amazing record!
- In 2021, the share of transactions by foreign investors in the Austrian financial investments market has risen by almost 50 % to a new record value – to 60,4 %.