The M&A-Market 2020 in Austria
The Austrian Bankers Archive Monthly Newsletter has published our Annual Report on the M&A-Market 2020 in Austria recently. Please allow us to draw your attention to some long-term trends and development cycles:
The most interesting details concerning the Austrian M&A-Market 2020:
- A decrease in number of transactions by 7,3 %;
- A decrease in transaction volume by 5,9 %;
- The share of cross-border transactions of 61,0 % continues to be one of the lowest during the observation period;
- The number of Austrian buyers abroad and of acquisitions of Austrian companies by foreign buyers are exactly equal;
- The relative share in number of transactions with CEE-countries is the lowest since the fall of the Iron Curtain;
- A significant decrease of transactions following insolvency proceedings or restructurings – also the lowest value within the observation period;
- Against the trend, both number as well as share of financially induced transactions were rising.
- In the last years, sectors which are to be classified as services have gained more and more share amongst main players in the Austrian M&A-Market – at least per number of transactions. In 2020, they completely disappeared from the top ranks – to be replaced by industries profiting from state interventionism.
The full M&A-report 2020 is written in German, but we have created an English summary: for your convenience: ACS_MA Market in Austria 2020
Please, let us know if you are interested in receiving any more information concerning the report and/or in discussing how ACS can support your M&A-strategies: firstname.lastname@example.org