M&A Market in Austria in 2019
The Austrian Bankers Archive Monthly Newsletter will publish our Annual Report on the M&A-Market 2019 in Austria within the next days.
Please allow us to draw your attention to some long-term trends and development cycles:
- A decrease in number of transactions by 13,2 %;
- A decrease in transaction volume by 30,0 %;
- The trend starting in 2015 that Austria is changing from a (net) buyer’s country to a seller’s country has been interrupted relatively clearly;
- The share of cross-border transactions of 60,3 % is one of the lowest during the observation period;
- In analogy, the relative share in number of transactions with CEE-countries is the lowest since the fall of the Iron Curtain;
- A significant decrease of transactions following insolvency proceedings or restructurings – also the lowest value within the observation period;
- Sectors which are to be classified as services more and more replace industry as main players in the Austrian M&A-Market – at least per number of transactions.
The full M&A-report 2019 is written in German, therefore we have created an English summary: ACS_MA MARKET in Austria 2019 for your convenience. Please let us know if you are interested in receiving any more information concerning the report and/or in discussing how ACS can support your M&A-strategies.
Please give us a short notice via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a phone conversation or meeting.