M&A-Market 2018 in Austria
The Austrian Bankers Archive Monthly Newsletter has just published our Annual Report on the M&A-Market 2018 in Austria.
Please allow us to draw your attention to some long-term trends and development cycles:
- A decrease in number of transactions by 12,1 %;
- A decrease in transaction volume by 13,8 %;
- An increase in average transaction size in the mid- and small-size transaction segment by 4,4 % to Euro 16,22 Mio. – a new maximum;
- At its fourth time, the number of foreign buyers of Austrian companies surpassed the number of Austrian buyers of foreign companies; this year the difference was significant, so that the thesis appears to be justified that Austria is changing from a (net) buyer’s country to a seller’s country;
- The relative share in number of transactions with CEE-countries is the lowest since the fall of the Iron Curtain;
- A significant decrease of transactions following insolvency proceedings or restructurings, combined with the highest share of crossborder transactions in this category within the observation period.
The full M&A-report 2018 is written in German, therefore we have created an English summary: ACS Report MA-Market 2018 in Austria_Summary for your convenience. Please let us know if you are interested in receiving any more information concerning the report and/or in discussing how ACS can support your M&A-strategies.
Please give us a short notice via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a phone conversation or meeting.