M&A Market 2017 in Austria
The Austrian Bankers Archive Monthly Newsletter has just published our Annual Report on the M&A-Market 2017 in Austria.
Please allow us to draw your attention to some long-term trends and development cycles:
- A slight increase in number of transactions by approximately 2 %;
- An increase in transaction volume by 28.7 % to new record level of € 30.03 bn;
- An increase in average transaction size in the mid- and small-size transaction segment by 12.8 % – another new maximum;
- For the third time, the number of foreign buyers of Austrian companies surpassed the number of Austrian buyers of foreign companies, this year only by less than 1 %;
- A significant decrease of transactions following insolvency proceedings or restructurings;
- Also, financial investors were considerably more cautious as in previous years, especially investors from abroad.
The full M&A-report 2017 is written in German, therefore we have created an English short version: ACS_M&A MARKET 2017 Summary for your convenience. Please let us know if you are interested to receiving any more information concerning the report and/or in discussing how ACS can support your M&A-strategies.
Please give us a short notice via email to: email@example.com to arrange a phone conversation or meeting.