Brain Food from Rob Slee
Things I Think I Think
The following is what happens when I think too much for an extended period of time.
Here are just a few things I think I think:
- Never do biz with desperate people, for they do not have control over themselves
- Good news to a biz owner: the bad news he/she previously received isn’t as bad as they first thought
- Blockchain will do more to democratize biz than even the Internet
- Retirement is a concept best applied to corporate workers
- Never make performing miracles a requirement for an IBanking job. It turns out the client not only won’t pay for the miracle, but usually won’t feel obligated to pay any fees at all
- Never grant respect until it is earned
- You appreciate college more once your kids go
- We all choose our level of wealth by how we spend our time and who we associate with
- At this point politicians can’t solve our problems …they can only make them worse
- The Matrix is more interested in maintaining power than in doing the right thing for society
- Incremental solutions won’t work to solve a totally failed situation
- China’s form of cannibalistic capitalism will ultimately consume itself
- Highly successful people spend most of their time on activities where they can add maximum value
- If you’ve spent 5-10 years in the same hourly pay range, you are more likely to fall from that range than rise above it
- Only 10% of the population consistently adds value, the other 90% consistently consume it
- The proverbial fork in the road now has more than a dozen options
- The reason most biz owners don’t create valuable businesses is because they measure risk and return on an individual (not SHH) basis
- Every year for at least for the next 5 years the US will both exceed $500 billion in trade AND budget deficits and will generate more than $2 trillion in unfunded liabilities. Each year. This will continue until the system fails. Then Grampa Slee’s words about life will ring true: it’s bad for a while, and then it gets worse.
- Negative interest rates are the canary in the economic coal mine and signal loudly that the worldwide Econ situation is toxic
- Trump’s attack on the Matrix is the first, not last, such move that someone on a national level will make
- Only 2% of any population think and act above $500 dollar per hour activities
- I’ve only met a handful of biz undergraduate majors who were right brain thinkers; whereas, I’ve met hundreds of liberal arts majors who were right brain thinkers
- Managers can be made; leaders are born
- In 2014, the Social Security Administration (SSA) took in $786 billion through the Federal Insurance Contributions Act tax… $73 billion short of the $859 billion needed to pay claims.
By 2026, the SSA will run up a cumulative deficit of $1.6 trillion. There is no trust fund…apparently that is something the politicians have concocted to distract us from a highly unsettling truth.
- Honest gurus know that they sell most of their stuff to people who will never really benefit from the stuff